Founded in 1989, Encore Wire Corporation has always focused on providing the highest quality products to our customers when they need it. Furthermore, Encore has rapidly expanded its infrastructure to meet its customers’ demands. In May 2010, the new ENCORE TECHLAB® was initiated to address the growing needs for expanded quality testing as well as the product and process research and development.
The new laboratory, completed in December 2010, is a LEED® Platinum certified building. The six elements of the LEED® program were successfully incorporated in the building’s design and construction to be one of the most energy efficient buildings of its kind in North Texas.
Today, ENCORE TECHLAB® provides an outstanding environment for research of new products, process development and product improvement. And above all else, we believe we serve our customers by doing the best thing we know how: making wire…Encore Wire.
The Mission of the Encore Technical Laboratory is to:
- 1Continually bring new products to the marketplace to meet our customers’ ongoing requirements.
- 2Maintain our UL DAP certification so that new products can be tested most expeditiously.
- 3Have an A2LA certified Analytical Laboratory for internal and external customer testing.
- 4Provide a center for continued process improvement and product development for Encore Wire.
- 5Provide an atmosphere of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
- 6Work with local universities to bring state-of-the-art technology to the wire and cable industry.